Sesame oil is an edible vegetable oil used majorly for cooking. It is mostly used in making Chinese, Korean and middle Eastern cuisine. It is extracted from sesame seed called Sesamum and it rarely gets rancid. Sesame oil works wonders in natural hair and we listed below its importance and how to use it.
BENEFITS OF SESAME OIL FOR NATURAL HAIR
- Sesame oil can be used to treat Dandruff and hair lice. Simply mix with other essential oils like tea tree oil, Eucalyptus Oil or peppermint oil and apply regularly. It works best when applied before going to bed and covered with a satin bonnet.
- It can be used to manage and treat dead and damaged hair. Apply regularly for quicker result.
- Sesame oil makes natural kinky hair softer and it makes it look healthier.
- It darkens the natural hair and prevents it hair from turning grey.
- It improves circulation of blood in the scalp thereby stimulating hair growth.
- . Sesame oil adds lustre and shine to the natural hair.
- It can be used to deep condition the hair. Simply mix with a blended avocado pear, honey and palm oil, then use your fingertips to massage the mixture into your scalp and cover your hair with a shower cap for 45 minutes, then rinse out with shampoo.
- Sesame oil when combined with coconut oil can be used to combat hair frizz and condition the hair.
- . To achieve a softer hair, mix with ginger and apply to your hair starting from the tips to the roots. Then rinse with shampoo after 45 minutes.
Have you used sesame oil on your hair? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Photo credits: Google images/shutterstock